One of my favorite things to make are cupcakes, especially rainbow cupcakes. Who would pass up one of these fun treats and who couldn't have a smile on their face after seeing all the vivid colors?
I will take you step by step through the rainbow cupcake making process.
Step one: Make batter and separate into 6 equal parts.
Step two: Get your icing colors and add just about 1/8 of a teaspoon of each color to each bowl.
What a fun mess! :)
Step three: Put cupcake liners in muffin tin. Using a spoon, put about a 1/2 to 3/4 a teaspoon of each color batter in the cupcake liners. DO NOT STIR TOGETHER (this will create a yucky brown color). Just layer colors in the ROY G. BIV order, or reverse, or whatever order you want. Colors will not mix together, but just layer on top of another. Then BAKE them for about 22 minutes. Take out of oven, out of muffin tin, and let cool completely.
Step four: Ice your cupcakes and enjoy :)
One white cake mix
4 egg whites
1/3 cup of plain applesauce (I use applesauce instead of oil. Keeps cake moist and is healthier!)
1 1/4 cup of water
- Mix together. Divide into 6 bowls, in 6 equal parts.
- Use Wilton's Icing Colors (they come in a box of 8 at Michael's or Walmart), I used about 1/8 of a teaspoon to get the bright vivid colors instead of pastel colors. Mix the color into each bowl.
- Then use about a 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of each colored batter to fill up the cupcake liner.
- Bake at 350 for about 22 minutes. Let cool completely before icing.
- Use your favorite icing recipe or if you're in a time crunch, cheat and get the premade kind :)