Sunday, August 21, 2011

Refocus

"Every second is an opportunity for praise. There is a choosing to be made. A choosing at each moment. This is the Praise Habit. Finding God moment by revelatory moment, in the sacred and the mundane, in the valley and on the hill, in triumph and tragedy, and living praise erupting because of it. This is what we were made for."
- David Crowder, Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets & Sushi


God is GOOD. Over the past few months I have been attempting to turn my focus to the more positive rather than the negative because I realize how blessed I am. Of course, I've failed, and daily too. But my attempt and attitude are trying to be in the right place. My eyes and heart have been opened and softened through this process. I have seen God working in so many areas of my life and in the lives of those I love and encounter. I have been surprised by God's blessings and sovereignty in my life. I have been focusing on my study of the Bible (again failing, but still learning). I can feel a difference in my heart, in my soul, in my daily life.


I also have been focusing on my temple - my body - this temporary home for my soul that God has given me. I have failed to take care of it the way I should over the past five years. I finally just looked in the mirror one day and said, "I can't live like this any longer!" That was a little less than two months ago and I am now 16 pounds lighter! I feel SO different. I feel happier, more refreshed, lighter, focused. Of course chocolate anything is my weakness, but I really am making the strides to correct my diet and dedicate time to exercise.

I think that with a refocus of mind and body I am on the right path to refocus my praise and heart. I have a great walking/jogging partner, an excitement for this life change that I hope cannot be quenched, and a God that provides strength when my legs are wobbly from muscle focus or pushing hard to finish that last leg of a running lap. Praise the Lord for that encouragement, excitement, and strength! I have two more short term goals: 10 pounds lost by the end of September, and then 15 more by December. Please be in prayer for me and my focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment