Thursday, August 11, 2011

Steps.

"There are a lot of small steps between big decisions and big results."

Guess that means we need some comfortable shoes. Anything worthwhile, in my opinion, requires some sort of commitment. I easily can commit to things that benefit others, but rarely do I commit to things that benefit solely me.

According to my Jung Typology personality profile, this is me: They are very giving people, who get a lot of their personal satisfaction from the happiness of others. They want to be appreciated for who they are, and what they give. They're very sensitive to others, and freely give practical care. They will most likely be the kindest, most generous souls who will gladly give you the shirt off of their back without a second thought. For these individuals, the selfless quality of their personality type is genuine and pure.

That pretty much sums me up. Here lately I have been trying to do some things for myself. One of which is working out and feeling better. I woke up too many mornings not happy with the lack of care I had given to my body in the past year, decided to stop complaining about it, and make a commitment to do something about it. In the past month and a half, I have put forth a serious effort to watch what I am eating, cutting back certain foods and portion sizes, walking/jogging more frequently, and doing crunches, lunges (which I am convinced are from Satan himself), and squats (ditto). I can tell a difference in my day to day energy level, minus the extreme soreness from the Satan exercises (lunges and squats). I feel a difference in my clothes. I generally just feel better. I can say that I am proud of my hard work and my level of motivation. Yes, I have messed up and had one too many pieces of chocolate or a Cherry Coke Zero here and there. But there's always a new day, always an opportunity for a new start. That's also what grace does. Our lives will not be without failure, but it's our motivation, our attitudes that count.

"The more difficult the journey, the more rewarding the destination."


No comments:

Post a Comment